Who hell we?
glossy brochure explanation:
the summer of 1999, four guys in the English city of Bristol got together
and decided to form a crack urban strikeforce. Acting under the banner
of the ORIENTAL SCHOOLGIRLS, these plucky individuals utilise a combination
of their unique lifestyles and special skills to create the optimum audio/visual
the senses is what they do best, achieved through a dangerous combination
- accumulated knowledge (life experience, textbooks, observation of televisual/audio
transmissions of the past and present);
- high technology;
- attendance & instigation of social gatherings;
- loud noises, and;
- (occasionally) bio-chemical adulteration.
things you see before you on this website transmission are just a selection
of elements from the lives of these ORIENTAL SCHOOLGIRLS, hand-picked
by the OSGs themselves for your entertainment, enlightenment, and hopefully
the expansion of your life experience.
ORIENTAL SCHOOLGIRLS, a.k.a. the OSGs, are a 4-piece breakbeat & funky
house combo from Bristol, England. We kick ass.
What the diddly-o?
update on our current shiznit:
First, and most importantly, the Oriental Schoolgirls' debut album is
slowly nearing completion after three years of on/off development. The
guys have got their shit together and been writing & tweaking &
tweaking & writing to bring you the highest quality product.
What's left to do? Basically:
- some technological shenanigans
- French-polishing our already-gleaming A-list tracks
- giving the ones that are lagging behind a boot up the ass
- developing some other ideas that are simmering away on the hard drive
- taking care of the mixdowns
etc etc. In a nutshell, we're looking to have a sparkling product before
next summer kicks in.
We can do this! Believe in OSG!!
Oh yes, the OSGs have taken delivery of a few nice pieces of kit recently,
namely a tiny DV camcorder with viewscreen, nightvision and everything
else, plus a home-made video editing suite.
We've been running around for some weeks now recording OSG life thru the
lens. So far we've covered many general cruising sessions, trips to the
7-11, a failed attempt to gain access to a disused quarry, the Ashton
Court festival (which, BTW, kicked ass) and, of course, visits to the
In addition, we've filmed a lot of source material for video promos for
our tracks, including a lot of al fresco dancing (on other people's private
property in many cases), amusing stunts, and also the ubiquitous in-the-car
The edit suite is wicked, goes like a rocket, and Sonic & Muteki are
crash-coursing themselves on the software as we speak.
We hope to have some promos done soon (especially Kick It Now), plus we'll
be getting cracking on some form of DVD product in the not-too-distant
So, here is a selection of stills of the OSGs
in recent action, all culled by Sonic from the camcorder. Enjoy. Or not.
Things that will pop up on this site sooner or later will be:
- A decent main page (!)
- Profile pages for each OSG
- Mo pix
- Video clips of the OSGs doing their thang
- MP3s of finished tracks, just to get you moist
- All manner of stupidity, tastelessness and illegality
- More animations, graphics and other usual website-based thingies
- Hell, we'll probably throw in some saucy Japanese schoolgirl-related
images, if only for consistency.
- Oh, Christ, now I think of it, I have GOT to re-write that blurb (up
& to your left). Sorry bout that.
A final note
We'd just like to say a thank-you to all the people who have diligently
checked this page for the last two years and wondered what the fuck it
was. We salute you, particularly those of you who just typed the URL in
at random because you were looking for porn. We shall make it our quest
not to disappoint you. God bless.
/ Sonic / D8a / Mulder
aka the Oriental Schoolgirls